Friday, January 5, 2018

Dusting Off My Techniques

Tranquility
by Artist Rita Squier

Original Watercolor Painting
Size:  8x10 inches (cropped a bit)

Fresh off the art board, this precious little watercolor painting.

It is a bit late in the evening, the sun has set. I attempted to take this photo with an iPad Mini and edited the colors to look as best I could on my computer screen simply using the Preview program.  It is a close representation of the piece!

Tomorrow, with proper natural light I will retake the photo and add this new painting to my rasquier.com website.

I painted this little painting on an 8x10 piece of 300 lb. Waterford paper that I found kicking around my studio.  I do love to paint on 300 lb. paper, it handles the water and the paint differently than a 140 lb. piece of watercolor paper.  You have more time to play with the color and techniques because the paper stays wet longer.  Plus I pulled out my Series 7 Winsor Newton brush, it has an awesome point to create that fabulous tree with the thin wispy branches.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin